Ultraleap Closed Source Licence
- This is a legal agreement (“Licence”) between you (“You”) and Ultraleap Limited (incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 08781720) the registered office of which is at The West Wing, Glass Wharf, Bristol, England, BS2 0EL (We/Ultraleap) constitutes the licence under which Ultraleap makes certain software (“Software”) available to you.
- Ultraleap licenses the Software to You on the terms in this Licence. We do not sell the Software to You and We remain owners of the Software.
- The Software may utilise third party materials (together “Third Party Materials”). Third Party Materials do not form part of the Software and are provided pursuant to their own licences.
- Ultraleap grants You a non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable, non-transferable licence to use the Software in object code and source code form for Your personal use or internal business purposes. You may make derivative works based on this Software for personal use or internal business purposes provided that such derivative works comply with this Licence.
- You agree not to:
- copy the Software except for the normal use of the Software, or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- sell, transfer, rent, lease, publish, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Software;
- cause or allow the Software to become subject to any open source or copy-left licence; use the Software to develop any software, application, or hardware which competes with Ultraleap’s commercial activities; or
- bypass any security measures or digital watermarking in the Software.
- The Software is protected by copyright, patents and patent applications and trademarks owned by members of our corporate group. You may only use the Software as set out in this Licence. You must not remove any notices in the Software.
- Ultraleap, the Ultraleap logo, Ultrahaptics, the Ultrahaptics logo, LEAP MOTION, the LEAP MOTION logo, STRATOS and Sensation Editor are trademarks of our corporate group.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS AND ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY ARE EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ULTRALEAP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR MEET YOUR INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS. WHERE WARRANTY LIABILITIES CANNOT BE EXCLUDED IT IS LIMITED AS SET OUT IN SECTION 8.
Limitation of Liability
- You acknowledge that the Software has not been developed to meet your individual requirements, and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Software as described in the specification meets your requirements.
- EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATEVER BE LIABLE TO YOU, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE LICENCE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION):
- LOSS OF PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS, OR REVENUE;
- BUSINESS INTERRUPTION;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR INFORMATION;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION; OR
- ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE.
- ULTRALEAP EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD PARTY MATERIALS USED WITH THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING THE THIRD PARTY MATERIALS DEFINED HEREIN.
- We may terminate this Licence immediately if you breach the Licence.
- If We terminate this Licence:
- all rights granted to you under this Licence shall cease;
- you must immediately stop using the Software; and
- you must immediately delete or remove the Software from all computer equipment in your possession.
Ultraleap can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or The West Wing, One Glass Wharf, Bristol, England, BS2 0EL.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Licence to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this Licence. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under this Licence to another person if We agree in writing.
- Each of the conditions of this Licence operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- The terms of this Licence may not be enforced by anyone other than You or Ultraleap.
- You will comply with all laws and rules relating to Your use of the Software, including the US Export Administration Regulations and any other relevant prohibitions or sanctions (Export Controls).
- This Licence, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.